The subsection titled "Baby steps: step A, moderation flags" could be implemented without worrying about the entire notes system. Basically, the steps might include:
- User clicks on "flag" button near individual note
--- Checks if logged in
--- If not logged in, prompts reCaptcha or similar (human?)
--- If logged in, could allow other options (@todo future)
- Window now has several options, including:
--- A button to submit the flag, with no details (quick flag)
--- Or optionally allow entering details such as users name, email, textarea and/or select a reason for flag (e.g., Spam, Wrong...)
- Flagged notes generate email to a list, and are also listed within our web admin panel. (only email for now is fine)
--- People can subscribe to receive these emails? (@todo future)
- Moderator takes action, which includes current options (delete/reject/modify) and perhaps a new unflag option.
- If note flag is accepted (e.g., deleted), should we notify the user via email? Or list via email?
It's worth noting that php.net already includes jquery+ui, if you desire to use that.